The International Committee for the Development of Peoples (CISP) is a non-governmental organization, founded in 1983 and its headquarters are in Rome, Italy. CISP operates in Bosnia Herzegovina since 1993 in particular in the North East of the country. It has an operative branch office in Tuzla from where CISP promote also activities and collaborations with CSOs in other countries of the Balkans such as: Serbia, Kosovo, Albania and Macedonia.
CISP work in Bosnia and Herzegovina is based on close collaboration with local actors and also on mobilization of internal as well as external recourses. Being equal partner with local actors in the social-economy development of Bosnia and Herzegovina CISP participate, coordinate and promote self-estimating development of Bosnia and Herzegovina and also harmonic development of entire economic region, making better work and life conditions and perspective for all.
In recent years, CISP action in Bosnia Herzegovina had been oriented to contribute to the following main goals:
- Economic development: supporting the creation and strengthening SMEs, promoting employment and job creation
- Technical assistance to local production and marketing in particular in agriculture sector
- Promotion and protection of children and youth rights and promoting cultural and artistic activities
- Support to Bosnian social fabric: Strengthening local CSOs and promoting youth active citizenship
- Environment protection and valorization through promoting sustainable exploitation of natural resources